I’m no chef by any stretch of the word, but occasionally I am called upon to create something in the kitchen. I’m pretty lazy so I like to create something quick and easy. I’m not the type to open a cookbook and follow directions to the T. I like to improvise and I don’t necessarily get all the measurements exactly. I figure I watch enough Food Network to know what I’m doing.
Anyways, tonight I created a tomato olive salad that was pretty easy to make and turned out pretty good.
- Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Salad olives, pitted, about a third or half of the tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil – like 3 table spoons
- A few cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Sea salt – a tiny pinch, just for taste
- Dried oregano seasoning – to taste
- Wash and rinse the tomatoes. Chop them in half and set aside.
- Chop the olives. You don’t have to, but I do because they tend to be salty so I want less olives per tomatoes per mouthful.
- Peel and mice the cloves of garlic.
- Combine the ingredients
- Drizzle the olive oil, mix in the salt pepper and oregano
- Mix and let marinade for a few
I should have taken a picture of it right after I made it, but oh well, I didn’t think of it until I was sitting down writing this article.
Popularity: 1% [?]